Neither rain, hail, nor high winds . . . Loaded and ready for firing
Okay, the salt kiln is loaded despite rain, hail, and high winds on Saturday. Firing delayed until Wednesday due to the winds. This is the fourth "test" firing for the kiln -- we think one more and we'll have the firing schedule down. We rebuilt the bagwall to open up the bottom shelves to more heat/flame work and replaced hard brick with insulted fire brick in the upper left hand corner. Looking for continuous improvement over the last firing.